More work from last year's Digital Design Foundations Class.
This was my first foray into modeling in 3D and my first attempt at rendering. The model was created in Google's Sketch-up and was rendered in a free rendering program Kerkythea . As you can see from the render below I didn't really know how to set up my lights properly and ended up having to do a lot of tweaking in Photoshop to get the effect I wanted. As convenient as automatic rendering packages are, I do see the value in manual rendering programs now, and hope to get more comfortable setting up lights, texture, etc. in Alias this Spring.
Our final Photoshop project, we were asked to create a movie poster. I went for a terminator themed, cyborg movie.
I may revisit this project now that I am more comfortable modeling in 3D, and will not have to rely on source images for the robotic skeleton.